Sunday, November 18, 2007

Update of little import.

The packing for the move, she continues apace. At, erm, a-pace much higher than I was expecting. *ducks* Today especially, I made a handful of accomplishments that gave me back a bit of pride in the whole process.

The sick, she has greatly abated. I don't feel like passing out...don't even feel dizzy...and I can *almost* hear normally again. Unfortunately, as per usual, the congestion in the chest area continues to be pretty heavy (the nose, thankfully, is minor). I still have a touch of that ugly cough that I always get with bronchitis. (If you've known me in person for any considerable length, you know the one.)

Not much else has changed; I'd love to have more to say, but you know, I'm knitting the same things (well, I started another basketweave dishcloth), doing the same things, working the same, not feeling much different. I did have quite a bit of fun holding up a wall in a laser tag bout with the work peeps on Friday, and the hanging out shooting the breeze after. Today, there was Yum Yum Cha and a bit of Amy's company, too.

The only bit of excitement is that I ordered some yarn...for my Secret Pal. I still don't want to give away too much in case she's sleuthing, even though the end of this round is the same day as my move. But rest assured: it's pretty, and (unlike the last yarn I gave her) it's something I'd be able to use myself.

This week holds a ton more SSDW*, but also: Thanksgiving with my folks, a trip to the Twisted Yarns sale (wherein I shall likely purchase more Claudia...or maybe more Cotton Stria), and a party at my boss's house (which promises to be hardcore good times). I am positively dying to start new lace, yet resisting heartily due to all the other projects (like MOVING) I have to handle. I think it will be Tuscany, when I get a Round Tuit.

Enough of my rambling! I am up way past my bedtime and really tired of boring the hell out of everyone. Since many of you will likely be out of touch later this week, I wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving with as much good food and as little family drama as possible.

OK, one more thing. I just realized that I have no idea if anyone who's in a place that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving (or celebrates it at another time) is in my tiny legion of readers. So: if you're not in the U.S., please leave a comment and let me know who and where you are. Thanks, and...happy fourth week of November!

*SSDW = same sh!t, different week. Akin to SSDD, "same sh!t, different day."

3 comments:

MiniLaura said...

Ah! the Twisted Yarns sale. Should I go? Should I not go because I really have enough yarn to keep me busy right now? Such a dilemma!

BTW, weren't you running a "secret" behind the scenes contest? What ever came of that? Did I totally miss it?

Happy Thanksgiving!

Plum Texan said...

Hey Laura - I'm responding here because the answer to your second question batch could be useful to others. Yes, there is still a secret contest about...and so far, *everyone* has missed two installments. (So you're not alone!) But don't blame yourself - it's a very subtle, obscure thing, so much so that I may have to commit polygamy if anyone catches on, so clearly might they be another soulmate.

Yes, I'm weird. Why do you ask?

At any rate, I say *definitely* go to the Twisted sale. Even if you don't buy anything, I think it's always worth a trip!

Meredith said...

Hope you had a good Thanksgiving! Have you all moved yet? Good luck with that. :)