Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Secrets and plies

Secret Pals! Knitting! Get it?!

...OK, that's about my bad pun quotient for the month, I think. Now that I've got that squared away...

It's Secret Pal 11 time! I've signed on for my first round, and I think it's going to go really well. Obviously, there's not much I can say about my spoilee, but she will be easy to spoil, I think. We've already exchanged notes and she seems really cool. I'll say the same for my spoilER - a nice note from them makes it sound like a great time will be had by all. Many thanks to you both, though probably only one of you will see this... :D

This may not make for much in the way of generating interest, so I'm going to do some shameless trolling for comments while I let y'all do some shameless self-promotion. If you sell your handwork of most any kind - hand-dyed yarns, knitting accoutrements, natural candles, bags, anything affordable and easily mailable - leave me a comment with a link to your Etsy, eBay, or personal shop and I'll come check it out...I may even buy something!

I promise to at least stop by and take a good look at your stock. This offer applies even if I know you IRL, but especially if I don't (so that I may share the love as much as possible). Handcrafters unite, right?

Oh, and if I don't know you (IRL or otherwise) and don't already know how you found me, could you pass that along too?

In other news, the Seven Weeks of Hell have begun at work. It's again time for the biggest trade show of the year, which is when I most appreciate how much I like my co-workers. We are slammed, buried, up to our eyeballs, busier than one-legged men in a butt-kickin' contest, more nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. And so far, we're still having a great time.

But since that may not last...and at the very least, since I'll be getting home much later than normal for the next six weeks...there's a chance that you'll only see me for the Sunday Evening Post. That's almost certainly when you'll see me next, at any rate, at which point I promise an update of a fibrous nature.

Until then, I trust my fellow denizens of the Texas Gulf Coast to keep their heads (more or less) dry during our first tropical storm deluge of the season. Fingers crossed for everybody in the path - this is a small one, so maybe it'll just be...squishy.

No comments: